Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Sweet Snuggles


   As much as we both hate saying goodbye to papa for work, Lily and I are pretty lucky to have time together for snuggling. She loves being chest-to-chest, either upright or sideways, but can get comfy (and fall asleep) in almost any position. Her temperament is very calm, sweet and relaxed - except when hungry of course (for future reference: she also hates nose drops and poopy diaper changes).  



taken by kathleen                   


    I have one month left of leave before returning to work part-time. I will be working 2, 12hr shifts a week, usually on days when J is off so that one of us is home with our girl. Thankfully, when that is not a possibility, we have great friends and family to help. I have really mixed feelings about going back to work.... At work, I have friends/coworkers to talk to, patients to care for, skills to keep up, a rewarding profession to participate in.... but those long days wear my body out. And at home, we've enjoyed visiting with friends who drop by, sleeping in late after being up from 230-4am, our nightly routine, more schedule freedom.... I'm glad it's only 2 days....  That time at work will make my days at home with Lily all the more special. We are so grateful for our blessing.  

No comments:

Post a Comment