Sunday, April 13, 2014

A Lady Bug Shower for Lily Bug


           

    Paula and I have been best friends since at least 4th grade. We went to different schools, played different sports, took up different instruments for band, and had different upbringings.... However, God knit a wonderful friendship through our differences and we are very alike in many ways. We became sisters. Not only because we share faith in Christ, but also our friendship deepened into family. Our experiences together stretch far and wide, from sleepovers and movie nights to roaming the college campus together, short road trips to long cross-country vacations, from annual birthday celebrations at the tearoom to TV marathons on the couch, from maid of honor in each other's weddings to helping with buying our first homes.... As Proverbs says, Paula has been a friend that "loves at all times" and "sticks closer than a brother". I am so thankful for my sister.


    Paula and her husband Reed have been extremely prayerful and excited for us through our adoption. They have been some of our biggest supporters!!! We share many of the same values and dreams, and can't wait to live near each other! Before we knew specifically about Lily, we asked them a long time ago to be the godparents of the special baby God would bring us. They accepted and there's nobody else I can think of that would be better fit for the job! I knew Paula would plan a baby shower, and we brainstormed for ideas on Pinterest together.... But much of it she planned in secret and I cannot even describe how perfect it was. I'll let the pictures start.

centerpieces


the guest of honor


favors


drinks

lily and her 4yo cousin alyx who adores her

a DIY head bands station - brilliant!





my mom made these banners

And now for the menu, starting with dessert.... ;)

my favorite nothing bundt caketinis!





tina's egg rolls


chicken satay with peanut sauce


cream cheese wontons

   We had a lovely afternoon eating delicious food prepared mostly by our dear friend Tina, making head bands, and visiting with friends and family!!! I loved the activities for folks to do versus playing cheesy games. I've never been a fan of them. Thankfully Paula knows that and neither is she. Lily got worn out from all the snuggling :)



her 1st head band of the afternoon!
 











      Then came time for gifts and -- wow, were we blessed abundantly! Lily received sooo may adorable outfits, tiny socks, her 1st pairs of shoes, fun toys, books, handmade blankets, 1st swimsuit, a travel crib and more! We are so thankful for all of the generous people who celebrated with us. You are such a blessing!



so blessed!









a 2 piece????  

travel crib

cousin asher

lily's 1st basketball!!


    Don't you think it was perfect? And just the right amount of fancy? I think so. Paula's pretty much amazing. We love her a lot. Thank you for the most wonderful shower sister.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment