Friday, April 11, 2014

"October Baby" ~ Every Life is Beautiful

     You may have seen a preview for this movie released a couple years ago, made by the same folks that did "Courageous" (a must-see if you haven't!), but if you haven't, check out the trailer here! It was inspired by the story of Gianna Jensen....




   Wow. What a story. We were very impressed. I don't want to retell the whole story, but "October Baby" is the story of a young woman who discovers she is adopted. And not only that, but that her slew of medical problems is most likely due to the fact that she was a failed abortion attempt. As she processes through all the emotions and questions that arise with this revelation, her family and friends help her take a journey to find acceptance, gratitude, faith and forgiveness.


   I watched this movie and cried.... It tore at my heart, for many reasons.... sorrow at knowing that so many voiceless, unborn babies aren't given a chance at life.... grief  over the devastating effects of sin in this fallen world.... gratitude that my birthmother chose life, that I was taken care of by a foster mother and eventually adopted from Seoul at the age of 5 months, that I was wanted and loved.... JOY over our beautiful daughter, Lily, and the miracle of her being becoming part of our family.... Her birthmother chose life. And chose us. We are forever thankful and blessed.





We believe EVERY LIFE IS BEAUTIFUL


For you formed my inward parts;
   you knitted me together in my mother's womb. 

I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made.
Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well. 

My frame was not hidden from you,
    when I was being made in secret,
    intricately woven in the depths of the earth.
Your eyes saw my unformed substance; 

in your book were written, every one of them,
    the days that were formed for me,    

when as yet there was none of them.
How precious to me are your thoughts, O God!
    How vast is the sum of them! 

If I would count them, they are more than the sand.
    I awake, and I am still with you.


{Psalm 119:13-18}

No comments:

Post a Comment