Jacob left for Socorro yesterday and spent the whole day in his bunker gear putting out fires ("live burn simulations"). He was exhausted, but did well and had a good day! He's rooming with his friend, fellow cadet Bobick. Today consists mostly of more burns & studying for their written exam tomorrow! Pretty much like my day, minus the fires I hope. I've been studying for the CPN exam to earn my national pediatric nursing certification. 175 Q's on the computer that UNMH will reimburse me for if I pass and then move me up to CAP 3 (raise!)!! Please pray for both of us!
I am doing surprisingly well with Jacob out of town... I thought I was gonna be miserable, and I do miss him SO much, but I'm keeping myself busy & distracted so the time is passing quickly.
In other news, Sunday after work I joined Jacob at church for another amazing night of worship & baptisms! I love seeing the physical act of a joyful face emerging from the water, reflecting the new life they've been given in Christ! I was also blessed to have my friend Hannah & her Mom, Jennifer, visit! Hoping they will get into community soon! Our first CG last Thursday went great. It was awesome to have a fairly small group (8 adults) where we could stay on task, hear from everyone, have meaningful discussion about being image bearers of God, and finish on time. Looking forward to many more together! :)

No comments:
Post a Comment