I have loved pecan sticky buns from TJ Cinnamons for years.... there was one right near my parents' house and I would sometimes walk over there on a Saturday morning for one of these sweet treats. Then they closed and combined with selective Arby's restaurants, which made it a little less accessible (probably a good thing for my heart).
Anyway, I recently came across this recipe from the Pioneer Woman Cooks and thought my baking skills might possibly have advanced enough to to tackle homemade cinnamon rolls. Even though I didn't quite do it exactly as the recipe stated, I think they turned out quite delicious. However this recipe was supposed to be for 'mini" ones..... definitely did not fit into my mini muffin pan. Oh well. Guess I will just have to make them again till I get it right. The sticky pecan topping is placed in the bottom of each muffin spot and then covered by the dough. After they bake for 16 min, cool for 20-30, then flip them upside down! They came out very easily even though I didn't grease the pan due to the large amount of butter in the topping.
I baked half of this recipe in regular-sized muffin pans (made 16) and froze the other half in sliced dough discs. Ree says you can freeze them at any point in the process. Check out these tips.
Finished product:
Now the only question is..... ice cold milk or hot coffee?



No comments:
Post a Comment