Wednesday, November 9, 2011

"Fancy" Grilled Brie Cheese

this is what's for dinner.

           I decided to try to emulate a sandwich that I had recently at the Nob Hill Bar & Grill: Grilled Brie and Apple Sandwich!  Here's the very simple instructions:

  • Double Fiber Whole Grain Bread (or a crustier bread would be even better but this is what I had and is healthier)
  • Brie Cheese (I spread it on both sides of the sandwich, with the apple in between)
  • 1 Granny Smith Apple (thinly sliced; used about 7-8 slices per sandwich)
  • A bit of butter/olive oil for the "grilling" process 
  • 1 can of Amy's Organic Low Sodium Creamy Tomato Soup (somewhat optional)
  • Sweet Potato Waffle Fries (definitely optional)

I have to say, it was quite a yummy dinner for Jacob and I and will be included in future meal plans. Do you do "grilled cheese" any other interesting ways? Feel free to share your ideas!


1 comment:

  1. Mmm...that sounds delicious! My dad and husband like to put green chile and grilled onions in their grilled cheese. I like it with grilled pineapple and leftover barbecued chicken! I will definitely have to try your version sometime!
    P.S. I don't think sweet potato fries should ever be optional! ;-)

    ReplyDelete