Checked in at OSIS at 6:00, waited for about 30 min, then they called him back to get all the preop stuff started... IV, change clothes, Vitals, same questions over and over.... I went back to sit with him abut 7:10 and then about 30 min later, they gave him some Versed and wheeled him back to the OR. One hour later, the RN called to inform me that he was in recovery and I could see him already! Dr. Quinn had to return to the OR for his next case so we didn't get to speak with him, but we will call his office tomorrow. J recovered very quickly and was in minimal pain after the extra local anesthetic they gave him. They also used an LMA to maintain a patent airway which is less invasive than a breathing tube (ETT). After about an hr, they released us.
We love you all. I will keep you posted on J's recovery.
No comments:
Post a Comment