I can't remember when or where my desire to have a garden came from. Perhaps it was seeing my dad turn a dry Albuquerque backyard into a secluded oasis with over 3000 bulbs, trees, grass, beds made with railroad ties, lattice walls, and of course, a watering system to accommodate everything. Perhaps it has been influenced by my growing love for fresh vegetables and enjoyment of cooking. Or maybe it is just innate, that every person finds pleasure in cultivating life because that is who God created us to be....
"And God said, "Behold, I have given you every plant yielding seed that is on the face of all the earth, and every tree with seed in its fruit. You shall have them for food" [Genesis 1:29]
This year, Jacob and I were able to really start our garden for the first time. He's built two beds in our small backyard. A few weeks we ago, we set up a soaker hose drip system and planted several seeds, as well as a few lily, rosemary, & alyssum plants.
This 2nd bed went from just dirt to all these amazing little seedlings!! There's carrots, black simpson lettuce, spinach, basil, green beans, zucchini & spaghetti squash! I get giddy almost when I come out each day and see all the progress. It brings me so much joy to see new green things popping through the soil and growing!
Have you planted a garden this spring? What are you growing???

No comments:
Post a Comment