Thursday, April 21, 2011

Springfest and Cakes!

John Baker Elementary School has an annual fundraiser to raise money for their school by hosting "Springfest". It involves parents and their children buying tickets that they spend on cotton candy, snow cones, hot dogs, cake walks, bounce house, pizza, donated books/videos, etc. Our Community Group had the opportunity to volunteer at this event and serve in multiple ways. One of them was donating cakes for the cake walk. 

Kim, a member of our group, is a professional cake decorator. Check out her cakes: P.S. I Love You. She hosted a cake decorating party at her house and we had a lot of fun! Here are a few glimpses of our creations....

before


after
 

before

makin' a book

final ( i glued on the letters!)


the track

the school


before
after - the Meghan rabbits! :)
mrs.
mr.


before
Parr at work!

 









Easter Bunny!




As you can see, Kim has such a creative eye for designing cakes, and it was a blast learning from her along with a few other ladies! I was so inspired that after the event that... *side note* - Reagan one of the girls in our group tried all night to win something from the cake walk but never did... I decided to make her a cake. I know it doesn't compare to the ones above, but I just love that girl so here is my makeshift cake with store-bought icing that I have to say is much more difficult to use than Kim's homemade stuff.... 
 
the front

the back


I think I'll stick to tarts for awhile....






No comments:

Post a Comment