Jacob wrote this a couple weeks ago & posted it on facebook... I've been asked to share it here as well for those of you who haven't read it yet.
It will be 6 years to the day this upcoming Saturday, December 5th, that I was diagnosed with cancer. Three weeks ago I celebrated 5 years off of chemotherapy. During my battle with cancer I learned so much. It truly shaped me into who I am today! I thank God for my experiences with cancer. During it I saw God’s faithfulness and His goodness!
Well, now for the hard part… Last week I had surgery to remove a small mass in my abdomen, and last night I heard what the preliminary results of the biopsy were. According to the pathology, it looks like the cancer is back… So once again I get to fight rhabdomyosarcoma. Currently we are trying to find an adult oncologist and figure out what sort of treatment options we have in front of us… It stinks growing up! I am going to miss my pediatric oncology team! They are the best!
Yeah it is scary, and it sucks!!! In my flesh I would have never ever chosen to go through this the first time, more or less a second time… But I want all of you to know that I have hope! My hope is in my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ! There has never been a day that the Lord has let one of my needs go unmet, & because of this I can rejoice! I know the Lord will be faithful, he will watch over us and take care of us.
The reason I say cancer is a blessing is not only because it gives me such an appreciation for life, but most importantly, it has furthered my relationship with Christ. I can go on and on about the goodness of God, but what I want you to know is that God loves you, and he desires more than anything to be apart of each of our lives.
I am recovering from surgery very well, without any complications! It has been amazing to see God’s hand in everything thus far.
Thank you all for your prayers, love, and support! Meghan and I will keep you updated as things progress. Please understand if we do not respond to you individually. It is easy to get overwhelmed with such an outpouring of love, but we will do our best.
We love you all!
No comments:
Post a Comment