Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Newborn Portraits

So, as you can see, I have continued to pursue my hobby of photography and I just finished my second newborn portrait session! If you are interested or know of anyone who is having babies (it seems to be going around right now....), let me know! Here's all the info.

Basically what I offer is one photo session, ranging from 30min-4hrs (if that's how long it takes) at the location of your choice. For example, some people (in the summer) take photos in basket in a park or something. I would be happy to come to your home where you & your baby will be more comfortable. I'm pretty flexible.

Then I would need at least 2-3 weeks to edit the photos (this takes the most time) and I will provide you with one CD of edited images. Many photographers will get you the pics quicker, but as I work FT at the hospital and this is on the side, it may take longer. You will have full resolution images and complete copyright to do what you wish with your photos. Feel free to email them to family, order prints from wherever is cheapest (shutterfly, kodakgallery, Sam's Club, etc). They are yours. There is no copyright logo on the images so the only thing I ask is that if you post them on a blog, facebook, or public place to credit my work. Depending on how much time we take, I will usually snap 150-250 photos to leave margin for blurry shots, weird faces, eyes closed, etc. Of those, anywhere from 25-50 edited images will be chosen for the CD (honestly it just depends on how many "good ones" we get).  

As I am an "amateur" and still practicing in some senses, I do not yet have a set fee. I have been asking people to pay me what they can honestly afford. Some people have paid me $50, others $100. I know of some photographers that would charge $300-500 for 2 hrs of shooting and 25 images. Yes, I am assuming that people won't take advantage of me... that's a risk I'm going to be cautious against and  hopefully discerning enough to prevent. 


Please email me at jacobandmeghan@gmail.com if you are interested. I would also be willing to do portraits of families, couples, seniors, etc. It doesn't just apply to newborns. 


Here's the latest baby....








Tristan W.


No comments:

Post a Comment