These words were spoken by King Theoden in "The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers" as the battle at Helm's Deep begins.
Tomorrow morning Jacob & I begin a new season. He is starting the fire academy for Santa Fe County's Fire Department. After 9 weeks, of full time M-F classes/trainings/PT/fire simulations/etc, Jacob will have a full time job as a firefighter/EMT-I. He'll be assigned to a station & a shift (A,B or C) and work 48 hrs at a time, followed by 4 days off. We are excited for the provision of this job for Jacob and the opportunities ahead. However we know it will be a new challenge in balancing our time together, household duties and energy. Unfortunately, my 3 shifts this week are all weekdays so that will be difficult as I will not be home to cook dinner and help take care of things as much as I'd like, but I was approved for a change in pointage at work. Instead of working 0.9 (6 shifts/2 wks), I will be working 0.75 (5 shifts/2 wks). A slight drop but I think it will help us a lot.
No comments:
Post a Comment