Thursday, July 25, 2013

More Adventures from Kauai

Day 3:

   Tuesday we wandered through the farmer's market at Coconut Marketplace on our way to a timeshare presentation. No, we weren't seriously considering buying into that, but we got about $250 worth of activities for listening! So, all in all, it was worth 2 hrs. We picked up some lunch to go and enjoyed a picnic at Lydgate Beach Park. It's a great place for families with a nice playground, covered tables, and lifeguarded swimming. We had a little time to relax before getting ready for our 1st luau!!!

   Smith's is so lush and beautiful! We took a short "train ride" around the 30-acre botanical and cultural garden and then had time to wander through and take photos. It's a family-run dinner, event, and show. Definitely recommend this if you go to Kauai! It takes about 4hrs and was a lot of fun. Plus they had really good Mai Tai's..... ;)













these were lovely!

chenille plant

birds of paradise


in front of several huge ginger bushes

hula dancer




Day 4: 
  
    Wednesday we had a slow morning at our cottage to rest and do laundry. We packed some PB&J's for the road and headed to Port Allen on the SW area of the island. From there, we joined our tour of the Na Pali Coast (N side of Kauai) with Blue Dolphin Charter Tours. It was a sunset dinner cruise including time to snorkel & swim. Total time = 5.5 hrs. Jacob had never been on a boat on the ocean before and loved the sea. I, on the other hand, felt absolutely awful. :( One of the crew members was great and offered all his tricks for seasickness. Some of them helped. For awhile. About halfway through however, I puked over the side of the catamaran. Blech. It was beautiful though. We saw dolphins showing off with all kinds of jumps, spins, and flips. When snorkeling, several colorful fish were swimming all around you and some I heard saw a few turtles. I'm glad Jacob took so many great photos since I wasn't able to pay very close attention.... 




Na Pali Coast


dolphin!


before I got too seasick



a fish J photographed!
 
Only 3 more days here! Ah, it's gone by so fast!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment